Most of us don’t eat the perfect diet and we have struggles with food, same as everyone else. Having an awareness of this and knowing a little bit about our health and food nutrition can help when it comes to making wise decisions.
Many people struggle with food “cravings.” Studies tell us that it’s fairly common for food cravings to happen quite often at around bedtime. Your guard may be down, you may have had an unusually hard day, and off you go on your not-so-merry way to find that tasty treat.
When food cravings are unconstrained, what starts out as a bedtime snack quickly turns into a full blown feeding frenzy. We head to the kitchen and every other place where food can hide, clearing a path as we go.
Most food cravings are not about satisfying a nutritional need or imbalance. They seem to be more emotionally related, or God forbid, are caused by plain old gluttony. Exactly why we over-indulge is not completely understood.
Listed below are some thoughts and ideas about food cravings:
– If the food isn’t available, you can’t eat it! Empty the cookie jar and keep it that way! Keep healthy food choices on-hand.
– Recognize the feelings and emotions that lead-up to a food craving. Do you have food cravings when youre bored, lonely, or stressed? If you can identify a trigger, you can deal with the emotion thats making you desire a certain food.
– Don’t beat yourself-up. There is always tomorrow. Call a friend, make good use of your support network and share your feelings with someone.
– Get enough sleep. When youre tired, youre more likely to crave things.
– Never give-up. When you “slip”, do whatever is necessary to re-gain control. Try to practice restraint most of the time,
Think moderation and not abstinence at all times!
– Understand that self-control and discipline by themselves, won’t cut it! If you depend totally on yourself for control, you will fail. Forming caring and supportive relationships is required. If you do not currently have a support network, start building one TODAY.
– Exercise. It increases feel-good endorphins that cut down on your cravings. Try to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
– Use moderation. Instead of stuffing yourself with every kind of food hoping that your craving will go away, eat 100 to 200 calories of your “craved” food.
– Substitute with low-fat foods and complex carbs. If youre hungry for chocolate, eat non-fat chocolate yogurt. Try fig bars or raisins for a sweet craving.
– Never skip a meal. Eat every three to five hours. Try six smaller meals or regular meals with nutritious snacks.
– Understand that hunger cravings are oftentimes stress related; walk in the park, spiritual connections, a cozy fireplace, baths…all these stimulate regions of the brain that stimulate pleasure. Relaxation techniques may also work. Bottom line, substitute pleasurable experiences for comfort foods.
– Beware of certain medications. They can stimulate appetite. Drugs used for the treatment of depression and bipolar disorder can be appetite stimulants. Other drugs, both prescription and over the counter, may influence appetite as well. If you are on a medication, and troubled by food cravings, discuss this with your doctor or pharmacist. You may be able to find an alternative that doesn’t send your cravings out of control.
– Distract Yourself. Get busy. Do anything other than cave-in to your desire for food.
– Look inside your refrigerator and kitchen cabinets and do some “house cleaning.” Throw-out that unhealthy stuff and start shopping more wisely. Careful planning will go a long way for improving your chances of success.
Eat wisely, be happy, and live long!
It has truly been a life-changing gift to me…
If I hadn’t made this crucial decision, the consequences would’ve been disastrous…
… I’d have most likely continued to destroy my metabolism, which would’ve resulted in a set of chronic diseases like Heart-attacks, Diabetes, Chronic pain…just to name few…
I could never live this dream life I am having now!!
From Past experience, I have learned that it’s not only just about losing few pounds…but it’s about the lifestyle and happiness comes along with it…
So, if you are a woman who wants to claim her health and youth back and take full control of her life…
I would strongly suggest you to watch the Private Presentation on the next page and give these strategies a faithful try…
It could really bring in miracles in your life as it has in my…